Senior Conference Producer £Competitive + Event Bonus
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Conference Producer for our London offices. Climate Action’s highly skilled team brings together a network of governments, businesses and NGOs for high level forums, publications, webinars and digital content.
Over the last 10 years, Climate Action has established itself as the recognised market leader in delivering high level events and digital initiatives addressing climate change to accelerate the low carbon economy.
Working in a unique partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Climate Action’s highly skilled team brings together a network of governments, businesses, multi-lateral organisations and NGOs for high level forums, publications, webinars and social / digital content.
After a hugely successful Sustainable Innovation Forum event in COP21 in Paris with 1,300 attendees and 6,500 applications to attend, this year is a year of unprecedented growth for Climate Action, with two new launch events this year, the first of which : The Sustainable Investment Forum took place in September during New York Climate Week, and sold out of sponsorship opportunities.
The Senior Conference Producer position is to assist the Head of Conference Production with in-depth research, competitor analysis, writing of event briefs and marketing materials, speaker administration and commercial strategy. The position is to assist with the production of 2-3 events within the Climate Action portfolio.
This is a great opportunity for a producer with minimum 4 years experience and an interest/background in global environmental sustainability challenges to take ownership and drive the content and commercial strategy of the Forums.
- Conducting in-depth research on market trends, challenges and solutions via research calls and face-to-face meetings with existing and new contacts
- Developing the Forums’ programme; event format and size, conference agenda, event features, key partnerships
- Identifying, inviting and confirming high level speakers plus moderators for each event, with high caliber, ‘star’ speakers
- Researching and developing the Forums’ commercial strategy through calls, face-to-face meetings and common calls/approach with the sales representative; identifying opportunities and risks, size of the market, key players, spex engagement opportunities and inventory
- Researching and developing the Forums’ delegate strategy; analyzing the audience categories and pricing strategy for each category
- Writing an delivering event briefs for the marketing, sales and operations teams
- Write marketing copy where required for email, social, print, and video channels
- Generating the briefs for webinars, sourcing and confirming expert speakers, moderating the webinars and writing the webinar reports
- Competitor analysis and overview; content, format, pricing
- Establishing relationships with key individuals to create advocacy for our events
- Managing VIP invitations and networking
- Finding and vetting contributors for website blogs and newsletters
- Assisting with creating of web content and event marketing materials
- Attend events and manage the conference side of the forums
- Oversee post event analysis and writing a comprehensive post event reports
- Other duties as necessary to contribute to the overall success of the conferences
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 4 years experience in creating and delivering international B2B conferences, ideally in the environmental sustainability community, or relevant
- An understanding of sponsorship formats and deliverables across events
- Confident communications and influencing skills especially on the telephone.
- Office experience and sound knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Positive work ethic, can-do attitude, and plenty of initiative and willingness to learn
- Excellent telephone etiquette and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team but also initiative to work on your own
- International travels and confidence in face-to-face networking
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary
- Achievable event bonuses
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- International travel to attend the events
- Competitive and diverse sales culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
- A rewarding opportunity to contribute to a crucial sector
About Henley Media Group
Climate Action is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.