Operations Manager £Competitive + Event Bonus
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager for our London offices. Climate Action’s highly skilled team brings together a network of governments, businesses and NGOs for high level forums, publications, webinars and digital content.
Over the last 10 years, Climate Action has established itself as the recognised market leader in delivering high level events and digital initiatives addressing climate change to accelerate the low carbon economy.
Working in a unique partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Climate Action’s highly skilled team brings together a network of governments, businesses, multi-lateral organisations and NGOs for high level forums, publications, webinars and social / digital content.
After a hugely successful Sustainable Innovation Forum event in COP21 in Paris with 1,300 attendees and 6,500 applications to attend, this year is a year of unprecedented growth for Climate Action, with two new launch events this year, the first of which : The Sustainable Investment Forum took place in September during New York Climate Week, and sold out of sponsorship opportunities.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, passionate and highly motivated team player to join and lead the conference operations side of the business, with a portfolio of four conferences in this current year. You will be working closely with many of the most respected names in Climate Change, including Heads of State, scientists, UN Leaders, Ministers and leading brands such as BMW I, Siemens, Philips Lighting.
We are looking for a new team member to take care of a number of event management and administration tasks, including event logistics and sponsor management, budget management, delegate communication and registration, and venue/service provider management. We are a small team and very passionate about our events and the climate change sector. The role offers international travel and a unique opportunity to learn more about this exciting marketplace.
This role presents a rare opportunity for someone with a keen interest in Climate Change and / or sustainability to contribute significantly in helping address and overcome climate change.
- Sponsor Admin/ Communications
- Regular communication with confirmed sponsors
- Ensuring deliverables on sponsorship agreements are being met
- Producing partner manual and plan exhibition area
Delegate Communications & Registration
- Looking after all delegate communication and incoming inquiries
- Monitoring online and onsite event registration
- Managing VIP invitation campaigns
- Establishing relationships with key individuals to create advocacy for our events
Venue and Supplier Management
- Managing Operations and Event budget
- Sourcing suppliers and deciding on venues
- Negotiating contracts and agreeing on suppliers for each event together with Managing Director
- Suppliers communication and event logistics management
The successful applicant will have:
- Interest in the Climate Change and Sustainability and a desire to organise successful events
- A minimum of 5 years’ event experience (incl sponsor liaison, budget management, registration, venue/supplier management)
- Positive work ethic, can-do attitude, and plenty of initiative and willingness to learn
- Excellent telephone etiquette and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team but also proactive and willing to take on increasing responsibilities
- Ability to international travels and confidence in face-to-face networking
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary
- Achievable event bonuses
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- International travel to attend the events
- Competitive and diverse sales culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
- A rewarding opportunity to contribute to a crucial sector
About Henley Media Group
Climate Action is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.