Operations Manager £Competitive + Event Bonus
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager for our London offices. AIDF’s highly skilled team brings together a network of governments, businesses and NGOs for high level forums, publications, webinars and digital content. We are looking for an articulate, confident and personable individual, with excellent research and communication skills who is interested in working in the humanitarian aid and development sector.
The Aid & International Development Forum, part of the Henley Media Group, has been organising global high-level events for over a decade now, dedicated to international humanitarian aid and development themes such as disaster resilience, humanitarian relief, community health, food and water security.
Current events take place in Washington D.C. Thailand, Kenya and Tanzania, bringing together decision makers and senior advisors from UN Agencies, governments, NGOs, aid agencies, development banks and donors with the private sector to discuss current trends and innovations in disaster relief and resilience and food security.
We are looking for a dynamic new team member to manage Event Operations. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable hands on experience from working on a number of high-profile websites and events attended by senior representatives of regional governments, UN agencies, international and regional NGOs, investors and donors, research institutes and solution providers.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, passionate and highly motivated team player to join and lead the conference operations side of the business, with a portfolio of four conferences in this current year.
We are looking for a new team member to take care of a number of event management and administration tasks, including event logistics and sponsor management, budget management, delegate communication and registration, and venue/service provider management. We are a small team and very passionate about our events and the climate change sector. The role offers international travel and a unique opportunity to learn more about this exciting marketplace.
This role presents a rare opportunity for someone with a keen interest in Humanitarian issues.
Sponsor Admin/ Communications
- Regular communication with confirmed sponsors
- Ensuring deliverables on sponsorship agreements are being met
- Producing partner manual and plan exhibition area
Delegate Communications & Registration
- Looking after all delegate communication and incoming inquiries
- Monitoring online and onsite event registration
- Managing VIP invitation campaigns
- Establishing relationships with key individuals to create advocacy for our events
Venue and Supplier Management
- Managing Operations and Event budget
- Sourcing suppliers and deciding on venues
- Negotiating contracts and agreeing on suppliers for each event together with Managing Director
- Suppliers communication and event logistics management
The successful applicant will have:
- Interest in the Humanitarian aid sector and a desire to organise successful events
- A minimum of 4 years’ event experience (incl sponsor liaison, budget management, registration, venue/supplier management)
- Positive work ethic, can-do attitude, and plenty of initiative and willingness to learn
- Excellent telephone etiquette and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team but also proactive and willing to take on increasing responsibilities
- Ability to international travels and confidence in face-to-face networking
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary
- Achievable event bonuses
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- International travel to attend the events
- Competitive and diverse sales culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
- A rewarding opportunity to contribute to a crucial sector
About Henley Media Group
AIDF is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.