Voluntary Placement - Marketing Executive
Duration: 3 months PLUS cover of travel and subsistence expenses
Starting date: ASAP
We have an exciting vacancy for Voluntary Placement - Marketing Executive –in our London offices. We are looking for a bright, confident individual looking to develop their existing digital marketing and social media skills, as well as gaining experience in international high level, business to business conference and events.
The role would suit someone who is passionate and eager to learn more about Marketing and Conference Production. The placement is an unpaid position for a 3 month period, with travel and subsistence expenses reimbursed up to £20 a day, with scope to negotiate at interview. The successful applicant will also be considered for future permanent roles where performance and availability allow.
With a strong website and a market leading magazine published four times a year, Port Technology is the only technical preview and review of advanced technologies for ports, harbours and terminals world-wide.
Port Technology International has been the leading industry print Journal for 20+ years.
Port Technology continues to bring to its readership cutting-edge philosophies and technologies including business intelligence, short-sea shipping, integrated transport decision-making and intermodal. Port Directors and Terminal Operators as well as Ship Owners and Operators use Port Technology International to obtain new contacts, assess and evaluate new products and plan for the future. The journal is an invaluable source of reference for their purchasing and specifying decisions.
Assisting with the Porttechnology.org website, its digital journals and industry leading conferences, this is the World’s Leading Technology media platform for Ports & Terminals. The entire industry is dependent on “Speed” which only comes from technology.
About the Placement
This role involves assisting in implementing outbound marketing initiatives, managing multiple digital and social marketing campaigns and producing high quality content for articles, websites, newsletters and infographics with an aim to generate awareness and engagement amongst target audience.
The successful candidate will ideally have some academic and practical experience of B2B event marketing or digital marketing or both.
You will assist in the planning and execution of our marketing campaigns, including:
- Email marketing - assisting with copywriting for email campaigns and newsletters
- Copywriting and content creation - producing high quality content for website posts and articles
- Media partnerships – strengthening existing and building new partnerships with influential industry bodies
- Researching various topics and producing the creative design for infographics
- Ensuring the website and event materials are kept up to date
- Social media marketing - creating and posting marketing messages on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Growing social media presence for each of the events
- Market research and competitor analysis
- Other ad-hoc marketing activities, including developing your skills in customer service and responding to enquiries
Ideal Personal Attributes
- Current student or graduate from either marketing, communications or relevant courses
- Knowledge and experience of using MS Office / Hoot suite / Social Media
- Excellent English and good copywriting skills
- Creativity and willingness to learn
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines
- Team player and show initiative
What will you learn
By being exposed to an end-to-end marketing strategy and execution activity you will be able to learn and/or strengthen:
Marketing – inbound and outbound, growth marketing, content marketing
Commercial writing skills – emails, social media
Research – identifying fresh news and collating them together for a short and concise news stories
Creative design – how does the design of a pdf, infographic, banner or else work from conception to delivery
Communication – internally and externally
Relationship building – approaching new and existing relations with key industry bodies i.e. associations, alliances, etc
Strengthen computer literacy skills – MS Office/Excel/Outlook will be used
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Milly Miller for further information.