Voluntary Placement - Marketing Executive
Duration: 3 months PLUS cover of travel and subsistence expenses
Starting date: ASAP
We have a vacancy for Voluntary Placement - Marketing Executive –in our London offices. We are looking for a bright, confident individual looking to develop their existing digital marketing and social media skills, as well as gaining experience in high level, business to business conference and events.
The role would suit someone passionate about climate change or environmental issues. The placement is an unpaid position for a 3 month period, with travel and subsistence expenses reimbursed. There is the potential to move to a paid role within the wider Henley Media Group – subject to availability.
Climate Action has established itself over the last 10 years as the recognised market leader in delivering high level international policy events and a digital community addressing climate change.
Working in a unique contractual partnership with UN Environment (UNEP), Climate Action convenes key influencers and decision makers from governments, businesses, multi-lateral organisations and NGOs for high level forums, publications, webinars and social / digital content.
After a hugely successful Sustainable Innovation Forum event at COP21 in Paris, the Paris Agreement has been ratified and became legally binding. Our current portfolio of events focus on the following objectives :
- Catalysing Climate Finance Policy and Access to Sustainable Finance.
- Accelerating Sustainable Innovation In the private sector
- Initiating partnerships between investors, governments and the private sector to build a low carbon economy
About the Placement :
The Marketing Graduate Placement will shadow the Marketing Manager for the three month period. The role involves assisting in implementing outbound marketing initiatives, managing multiple digital and social marketing campaigns and producing high quality content for articles, websites, newsletters and infographics with an aim to generate awareness and engagement amongst target audience.
The successful candidate will ideally have some academic and practical experience of B2B event marketing or digital marketing or both. Passion for humanitarian aid and global development would be a major advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable hands on experience from working on a number of high-profile events attended by senior representatives of regional governments, UN agencies, international and regional NGOs, investors and donors, research institutes and solution providers.
By shadowing the Marketing Manager you will assist in the planning of our event marketing campaigns, including:
- Email marketing - assisting with copywriting for email campaigns and newsletters
- Copywriting and content creation - producing high quality content for website posts and articles
- Media partnerships – strengthening existing and building new partnerships with influential industry bodies
- Researching various topics and producing the creative design for infographics
- Ensuring the website and event materials are kept up to date
- Social media marketing - creating and posting marketing messages on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Growing social media presence for each of the events
- Market research and competitor analysis
- Other ad-hoc marketing activities, including developing your skills in customer service and responding to enquiries
Ideal Personal Attributes
- Current student or graduate from either marketing, communications or relevant courses
- Knowledge and experience of using MS Office / Hoot suite / Social Media
- Excellent English and good copywriting skills
- Creativity and willingness to learn
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines
- Team player and show initiative
- Passion for climate change prevention
What will you learn
By being exposed to an end-to-end marketing strategy and execution activity you will be able to learn and/or strengthen:
Marketing – inbound and outbound, growth marketing, content marketing
Commercial writing skills – emails, social media
Research – identifying fresh news and collating them together for a short and concise news stories
Creative design – how does the design of a pdf, infographic, banner or else work from conception to delivery
Communication – internally and externally
Relationship building – approaching new and existing relations with key industry bodies i.e. associations, alliances, etc
Strengthen computer literacy skills – MS Office/Excel/Outlook will be used
To apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Milly Miller for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.