Marketing Manager £Competitive
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative yet analytical, passionate and highly motivated growth marketer to join our team to help take our growing portfolio of events and to the next level. We are looking for a commercially astute and tenacious Marketing Manager who can demonstrate a proven track record in marketing B2B conferences and events ideally with direct experience in renewable energy.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our events team to contribute to the companies exciting growth and success by planning and executing marketing activities across the portfolio of products. As the sole marketer in the team you will represent marketing on a day to day basis and have independent decision making skills, a confident approach to working a and passion for marketing.
Climate Action has established itself over the last 10 years as the recognised market leader in delivering high level international policy events and a digital community addressing climate change.
Working in a unique contractual partnership with UN Environment (UNEP), Climate Action convenes key influencers and decision makers from governments, businesses, multi-lateral organisations and NGOs for high level forums, publications, webinars and social / digital content.
After a hugely successful Sustainable Innovation Forum event at COP21 in Paris, the Paris Agreement has been ratified and became legally binding. Our current portfolio of events focus on the following objectives :
- Catalysing Climate Finance Policy and Access to Sustainable Finance.
- Accelerating Sustainable Innovation In the private sector
- Initiating partnerships between investors, governments and the private sector to build a low carbon economy
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Strategic planning, design and implementation of all marketing activities across conferences, websites, publications, webinars and social media.
- Focus on Performance Marketing to drive results and ROI.
- Creating, developing, executing and analysing marketing plans across the portfolio to deliver required delegate attendance at conferences and to drive ROI.
- Outstanding Data Management skills: Analyse data gaps, create and manage data build to show ROI and effective data segmentation to maximise campaign results.
- Researching, negotiating and managing commercial and value adding partner agreements.
- Owning and managing all brand and communication touch points on time and to budget. Including website management to ensure the website is accurate, compelling and generates action, briefing in-house web designers on requirements and briefing external design team on advertising and print requirements.
- Online copy writing for emails, websites, press releases and other promotional requirements.
- Developing and overseeing social media strategy.
- Content marketing to engage, inspire and drive enquiries and bookings.
- Budget management.
- Recruiting and managing interns for telephone delegate marketing activity.
- Support design and production of delegate sales & sponsorship materials.
- Support sponsorship and delegate sales activity to generate warm leads.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
The candidate should be able to highlight at interview the following skills, interests and experience:
- Experience of ongoing independent and strategic working.
- Graduate educated with a minimum of 5 years in marketing international B2B conferences.
- A passion for renewable energy and environmental issues.
- A love for all things email. Including email design, copy writing, effective subject lines, A/B testing, email analysis.
- An agile approach to working where you are able review results and adjust plans as you go to optimise results.
- Excellent project and time management, organisation and stakeholder management skills with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- You are analytical with a strong attention to detail.
- Superb work ethic with a passion and enthusiasm for conceptualising, delivering and growing marketing strategies.
- Strong digital marketing skills plus an understanding of commercial content marketing.
- Highly creative approach to maximise small marketing budgets for maximum results.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Knowledge and desire to demonstrate commercial results from marketing automation.
- Confident communication and influencing skills; especially on the telephone, to secure agreements with key partners globally.
- A strong understanding of social media channels (particularly Twitter and LinkedIn) and strategies and ability to leverage them effectively and commercially.
- Working knowledge and practical application of marketing awareness and analysis tools such as Tweet deck, Google Analytics and Adwords.
- A positive, pro-active, can-do attitude.
- Ambitious and keen to progress in the organisation to more senior roles.
Remuneration & Benefits :
- Competitive basic salary
- 2.5% commission on paid delegate sales activity under your management – subject to hitting agreed delegate revenue targets.
- £500 - £1000 bonus per event for achieving pre - agreed KPI’s.
- Annual bonus linked to achieving budgeted profits.
- 29 days holidays – including 9 statutory holidays.
- Opportunity to attend events in South East Asia, Africa, Europe and the US.
- Opportunity to work on prestigious events with highly credible Government Agencies, Heads of State, and leading tier 1 sponsors, market leaders in the renewables space.
About Henley Media Group
Climate Action is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.