Managing Director – Port Technology International
About Port Technology
Port Technology International is a dynamic business to business media company with an excellent reputation in the global ports and maritime sector. Founded 22 years ago the technical quarterly journal and website has become the defector reference point for technical procurement in ports and terminals worldwide. The growing portfolio of international events, websites and publications provides limitless opportunities.
A change in personal circumstances for the current MD have created a vacancy for a new MD with the passion and track record for successfully building B2B event, digital and print businesses, funded by advertising, sponsorship and subscription revenues.
Building on an already established and respected footprint of events, websites and print products, the candidate will bring their enthusiasm and experience to lead the team from the front to maximise the profitability of the current products and generate new complimentary and profitable revenue streams.
This role is ideal for an ambitious individual, with a strong B2B track record, who is looking for a challenging and highly rewarding opportunity over the next 3-5 years.
Skills and experience required:
- Executive management experience in media and conference businesses
- New conference launch experience in multiple geographies
- The ability to build and maintain high level relationships with key organisations
- A passion for digital and social media
- A commercial thinker that leads from the front
- Ability to create and close high level business opportunities
- Experience at MD level of running a media business with revenues of £1m - £3m.
Key Job responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the profit and loss.
- Setting the strategic direction of the business unit in conjunction with the board
- Delivering value for money to enhance the bottom line
- Launching new products in line with the strategic direction of the company
- Day to day management of up to 15 staff
- Reporting to the Group CEO and Executive Board
- Developing new, profitable, revenue streams and viable product
The business currently turns over C £1m p.a which includes just one conference to date, launched successfully last year. The board are keen to aggressively grow the revenue and profits of the business over a 3 year period through additional events, digital and subscription based products, with the objective of a successful divestment within the next three years.
About Henley Media Group :
Henley Media Group is an award winning owner of market leading, niche B2B publications, websites, conferences and exhibitions, operating on a global basis from our central London office next to Tower Bridge.