Junior Writer & Production Assistant £19,000
SportsPro, the leading sports business media company in print, digital and events, is recruiting a full-time multimedia journalist to join the team at its headquarters in London as a junior writer and production assistant.
The in-house editorial team at SportsPro is responsible for the production of class-leading output across a range of platforms, including the flagship magazine, published six times a year; annual business guides in both motorsport and sailing; several annual industry events; and the Sportspromedia website and its associated digital channels.
Working under the supervision of the editor and digital editor, the new starter will contribute on a daily basis to SportsPro's digital platforms, sourcing and writing news stories; assisting in the delivery of daily e-newsletters using online e-marketing tools; contributing pieces to the magazine and other print publications; providing support in the production of podcasts and original video content; and taking part in the coverage of events.
You will also play a significant role in maintaining SportsPro’s digital presence, executing social media output under the guidance of the digital editor, and liaising with the commercial department, SportsPro media partners and third parties on key projects and marketing campaigns.
- The ability to write and edit crisp and accurate copy to deadline
- The ability to juggle multiple projects to multiple deadlines
- A strong understanding of sport and the industry behind it
- A working knowledge of content management systems and digital mail-out platforms
- An excellent understanding of social media channels and their varied audiences and uses
- Familiarity with audio and video editing platforms and processes is highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a willingness to take responsibility within groups
- Enthusiasm, industry, curiosity and self-motivation
This is an opportunity to gain an outstanding range of experience at a young, dynamic and growing editorial business that would suit a recent graduate or someone looking to continue their early development in journalism and/or digital content production.
The role will be based in London, working standard Monday to Friday office hours, with some opportunity and expectation to travel nationally and internationally outside those hours.
What we offer
- Competitive annual salary
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- Competitive and diverse culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
- A rewarding opportunity to work within the sports sector
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter and a short example of a piece of written work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.