HEAD OF CONFERENCE PRODUCTION
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Head of Conference Production for our Climate Action business which has established itself over the last 12 years as the recognised market leader in delivering high level international policy events and a digital community addressing climate change.
Working in a unique partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Climate Action convenes key influencers and decision makers from governments, businesses, multi-lateral organisations and NGOs for high level forums, publications, webinars and social / digital content.
After a hugely successful Sustainable Innovation Forum event at COP21 in Paris, the Paris Agreement has been ratified and became legally binding. Our current portfolio of events focus on the following objectives :
- Catalysing Climate Finance Policy and Access to Sustainable Finance.
- Accelerating Sustainable Innovation In the private sector
- Initiating partnerships between investors, governments and the private sector to build a low carbon economy
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced, passionate and highly motivated team player to lead the conference production side of the business. With a portfolio of four conferences in this current year and one new launch per year, you will be working closely with many of the most respected names in the global Climate Change agenda, including Heads of State, Environment Ministers, respected scientists, Heads of UN Agencies and leading brands such as BMW i and Siemens.
This role presents a rare opportunity for someone with a keen interest in Climate Change and / or sustainability to contribute significantly in helping address and impact the single largest global challenge of this century: climate change.
Working under the direction of the Climate Action CEO, the key elements of the role are:
- Responsibility for the full-cycle event planning and management of our international event portfolio, including overseeing marketing functions.
- Validating and producing commercially viable conference programmes that can ensure sponsorship and delegate revenue targets are met.
- Securing 60 - 80 high level speakers (Ministers, Heads of State and CEOs) plus moderators for each event, with high calibre key note speakers.
- Line manage and train one trainee producer and line manage two part time producers.
- Work alongside Account Managers to ensure sponsors and partners deliverables are 100% delivered before and at the event.
- Managing the day to day relationship with key stakeholders / partners such as UNEP.
- Oversee all marketing activity, working closely with the Marketing Manager to define the strategy and ensure it is implemented effectively to schedule and budget.
- Write marketing copy where required for email, social, print, and video channels.
- Plan and implement content marketing activity on social channels.
- Oversee post event analysis and writing a comprehensive post event reports.
- Oversee the planning, running and marketing webinars on a regular basis to create sponsorship leads.
- Budgeting and financial management to ensure events are produced within agreed budget
- Ensuring events are delivered effectively and with maximum impact, to exceed the expectations of sponsor, delegates and stakeholders.
- Oversee the event operations functions and line manage the event operations manager
The Successful Applicant will have :
- Minimum of 6 years experience in creating and delivering international B2B conferences, funded by sponsorship and delegate revenue.
- Proven ability to launch successful new events
- Excellent understanding of conference production processes and marketing functions.
- Strong organisation and management skills with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Superb work ethic with a passion and enthusiasm for conceptualising and delivering effective event formats
- Strong commercial acumen and an understanding of sponsorship formats and deliverables across events and confidence in managing big clients and tricky partners.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Confident communications and influencing skills especially on the telephone.
- Ability to build and network an international network of contacts.
- Pro-active, can-do attitude.
- Strong understanding of social media channels and strategies and ability to understand how to leverage them effectively and commercially.
- Ambitious and keen to progress in the organisation to a more senior role.
- A personal interest in ‘climate change’ and / or sustainability.
What we offer:
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Event Bonuses - linked to hitting event revenue targets and KPI’s.
- Annual bonus – linked to the annual profits of the portfolio
- Annual Leave : 20 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
- Opportunity to work with and meet the great and the good in climate change
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- International travel to attend the events
- Competitive and diverse company culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
- A rewarding opportunity to create a positive impact on the global challenge of Climate Change.
About Climate Action
Climate Action is a Henley Media Group company, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.