Events Marketing Executive £Competitive + Bonus
We are currently recruiting for an Events Marketing Executive for our London office. Working closely with the Marketing Manager, the role will be central to driving events and technology as one of Solar Media’s key business strategies. The role requires a commercially-minded, enthusiastic, determined and ambitious individual capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines, demonstrating attention for detail and delivering results.
The candidate must have the ability to work autonomously and be organised and flexible with strong analytical and reporting skills. A decent knowledge and passion for data driven events and inbound marketing practices is also required. We’re specifically on the lookout for people who are passionate about digital marketing, events and solar/clean energy.
Solar Media Ltd provides the most authoritative independent and valuable information for the rapidly growing international solar industry, online, in print, through market intelligence and in person. We are known as leaders within the renewable sector and if you feel strongly about the future of Renewables and want to play an important role, look no further.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing marketing plans for UK and international conferences and events
- Use multiple channels to promote events to targeted “house” audiences:
- SML email database
- SML social channels
- SML newsletters, SML websites
- SML events
- SML publications
- Promote events via 3rd party opportunities where a favourable ROI is demonstrable
- Track and report revenues on events
- Identify target audiences for each event within SML’s database, identify where there are gaps and commission research/PPC campaigns
- Identify and recruit suitable media partners for each event and provide partners with appropriate materials to promote our events.
- Identify content from Editorial that can be repurposed for lead-generation as well as working with event producers and editorial teams to generate fresh lead-gen content.
- Use Pardot and Salesforce to track campaign metrics for each event.
- Use Pardot’s marketing automation tools to feed real-time leads to sales teams (delegates and sponsorship) for each event
- Build and update event websites on WordPress and Expression Engine (with assistance of web-development team and event production) with key info such as new sponsors, downloadable resources, news links, speaker and programme info.
- Work closely with the sales team to identify marketing opportunities and provide them with suitable leads.
- Administration such as updating sponsor logos
Candidate Background & Experience – Preferred
- Minimum 2 years professional B2B marketing experience, preferably within an events and/or publishing/media environment
- Relevant degree and further marketing education or qualification preferred
- Able to work effectively under pressure to deadlines and demonstrate initiative
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Creative thinker, innovative problem solver and doer
- Numerate with excellent knowledge and familiarity with standard software, systems and marketing technology.
Candidate Personal Qualities
- Outstanding organisational and real-time campaign awareness skills, with ability to ruthlessly prioritise revenue generating activities
- Work productively and calmly under pressure during busy periods
- Meticulous attention to detail and analytically-inclined
- Solutions-oriented, creative problem-solver and effective decision maker
- Commercially-minded with initiative and a focus on cost containment
- Integrity, honesty and the ability to gain trust and buy-in from peers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a true team player
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus, broken down into quarterly targets and goals
- The opportunity to work in a company that is a genuine leader within the renewable energy events, print, & on-line media sector and highly recognised for empowering employees
- The opportunity to work within a high quality team and within a company where trust & integrity are our leading values
About Henley Media Group
Solar Media is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.