Event & Marketing Volunteer Placement
SportsPro is recruiting a full-time Events & Marketing Volunteer to join the team at its headquarters in London on a three-month voluntary basis. SportsPro is the leading sports business media company in print, digital and events.
Its in-house events team is responsible for the production of class-leading output across a range of platforms, including flagship magazine SportsPro, published six times a year; annual business guides in both Formula One and sailing; several annual industry events; and sportspromedia website and its associated digital channels.
Working under the supervision of the event manager and supporting the marketing team, the event & marketing volunteer will contribute on a daily basis in assisting with the production of daily e-newsletters using online e-marketing tools; liaising with the web developer, commercial team, and SportsPro media partners; contributing pieces to the monthly magazine and other print publications; and supporting the team across a range of other projects, including events.
We are currently able to offer a placement for an Event & Marketing Volunteer in our world-class company. We are looking for a bright individual who is interested in developing their existing marketing and operation skills, as well as gaining real world B2B experience. This placement is an unpaid position and will be for a maximum of 3 months.
Reporting to: Events Manager
By shadowing the Events Manager you will be assisting in:
- The production of publicity material and supporting marketing campaigns
- Digital marketing by using the CMS to create new entries and updates to the Supplier Directory and SEO content
- Liaising with Sportspro clients and media partners, work internally with web developers, the Sales, Editorial and Finance team and externally establishing contact and managing relationships with trade show organisers, printers, photographers, videographers, mailing house, freight carriers, designer, venues and travel agents
- Event organisation of Sportspro Media conferences, networking reception and third party exhibition presence
- Administration and research
Who is this volunteering aimed at? Anyone with…
- A degree or equivalent education, or relevant experience work experience, interested in broadening their understanding of marketing and event planning
- Enthusiasm for working in a busy commercial environment and a willingness to learn
- High standard of literacy, excellent attention to detail and a keen visual eye
- Excellent verbal communication and social skills
- Computer literacy with experience of MS Office packages
- Good numeracy and organisational skills
About Henley Media Group
Sportspro Media is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please write to us outlining why you are interested in this placement, along with your experience and qualifications to email@example.com or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Milly Miller for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.