Editorial Volunteer Placement
Interested in a Volunteer Placement with the world’s leading brand for ports and terminals?
Looking for experience that’ll get you started in publishing?
Port Technology International (PTI) is recruiting for a full-time editorial assistant to join the team at the headquarters in London on a 3-month voluntary basis. PTI is the leading port and terminal media company in print, digital and events.
The in-house editorial team are responsible for the production of world class output across a range of platforms. This includes the production of The Journal of Port & Terminals (published 4 times a year), regular eBooks, creating coverage for industry events and online news hub portttechnology.org along with its associated digital channels.
Working under the guidance of the editors, the editorial volunteer will contribute daily to PTI’s digital platforms. They will be sourcing and writing stories, both smaller news pieces and longer features as well as assisting with the production of the daily and weekly e-newsletters using online e-marketing tools. Additionally, a successful candidate will liaise with the web developer and commercial team, contribute pieces to the quarterly print journal and provide support to the editorial team across a range of other projects, including events and basic administrative duties.
Duties will include but not be limited:
- MUST BE DIGITALLY NATIVE
- Create content for the porttechnology.org daily newsletter
- Update the Porttechnology.org website with articles and directory information
- Research topics related to new port developments and emerging automation technologies
- Manage various social media platforms
- Assist with writing and distributing press releases and news stories for the website
- Research articles relevant to industry conference topics and exhibitors for the website news section
- Proofread PTI technical and white papers
Key skills required:
- The ability to write and edit crisp and accurate copy to a deadline
- The ability to juggle multiple projects to different deadlines
- A willingness to learn about ports and terminals and the industry behind it
- A working knowledge of content management systems and knowledge of a digital mail-out platform is preferable
- An understanding of social media channels and their varied audiences and uses
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and self-motivation
This is an opportunity to gain an outstanding range of experience at a dynamic editorial business that would suit a recent graduate or someone looking for a step into journalism.
The full-time role will be based in London, working standard Monday to Friday office hours.
Expenses will be paid but the role is offered on a voluntary basis for a negotiable period. The successful applicant maybe considered for future permanent roles where performance and availability allow.
About Henley Media Group
PTI is part of Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please write to us outlining why you are interested in this placement, along with your experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 20 7871 0123 and ask for Susie Edwards for further information.
Due to a high level of applications received PTI are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.