We are currently recruiting for an Editorial Intern for our London offices. The candidate will join a successful editorial team to strengthen our portfolio working across our Print, Online and International Conferences. This is a 3 month intern programme with the possibility of turning into a permanent position.
Solar Media Ltd provides the most authoritative independent and valuable information for the rapidly growing international solar industry, online, in print, through market intelligence and in person. We are known as leaders within the renewable sector and if you feel strongly about the future of Renewables and want to play an important role, look no further.
Solar Media is the market leading global provider of news and information to the solar, storage and clean energy sector. The global solar market grew over 30% in 2015 and market expectations are for further growth in 2016.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Produce & Edit high quality technical journals
- Assist in the management of the Solar Media website with articles and directory information
- Assist with writing and distributing press releases and newsletters for the website
- Research articles relevant to industry conference topics and exhibitors for website news section
- Source technical papers for each quarterly edition
- Create editorial direction and themes for up to 18 months into the future
- Research topics related to new Solar and storage technologies
- Proof read the Solar Media technical and white papers
The successful applicant will have:
- Interest in the renewable energy sector and desire to actively engage with this audience
- University degree, ideally in a related subject or strong research focus
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Positive work ethic, can-do attitude, and plenty of initiative and willingness to learn
- Excellent telephone etiquette and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team but also initiative to work on your own
What we offer:
- An opportunity to learn from industry professionals
- Path to earn a permanent position
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- Competitive and diverse sales culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
About Henley Media Group
Solar Media is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.