Digital Writer £Competitive
SportsPro, the leading sports business media company in print, digital and events, is recruiting a full-time digital writer to join the team at its headquarters in London.
The in-house editorial team at SportsPro is responsible for the production of class-leading output across a range of platforms, including the flagship magazine, published six times a year; annual business guides in both motorsport and sailing; several annual industry events; and sportspromedia website and its associated digital channels.
Working under the supervision of the editor, the digital writer will contribute on a daily basis to SportsPro's digital platforms, sourcing and writing stories - both smaller news pieces, and longer features; leading the production of daily e-newsletters using online e-marketing tools; liaising with the web developer, commercial team, and SportsPro media partners; contributing pieces to the magazine and other print publications; and supporting the editorial team across a range of other projects, including events.
He or she will also be responsible for maintaining SportsPro’s digital presence, executing social media output and strategy, and liaising with the commercial department and third parties on key projects and marketing campaigns.
- The ability to write and edit crisp and accurate copy to deadline
- The ability to juggle multiple projects to multiple deadlines
- A strong understanding of sport and the industry behind it
- A working knowledge of content management systems is essential and knowledge of digital mail-out platforms is preferable
- An excellent understanding of social media channels and their varied audiences and uses
- Familiarity with audio and video editing platforms is preferable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a willingness to take responsibility within groups
- Enthusiasm, industry, curiosity and self-motivation.
This is an opportunity to gain an outstanding range of experience at a young, dynamic and growing editorial business that would suit a recent graduate or someone looking to continue their development in journalism and/or digital content production.
The role will be based in London, working standard Monday to Friday office hours, with some opportunity and expectation to travel nationally and internationally outside those hours.
About Henley Media Group
Sportspro is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter and a short example of a piece of written work firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.