Digital Editor £Competitive
SportsPro, the leading sports business media company in print, digital and events, is recruiting a full-time digital lead and staff writer to join the team at its headquarters in London.
SportsPro, the leading sports business media company in print, digital and events, is recruiting a full-time digital editor to join the team at its headquarters in London.
The in-house editorial team at SportsPro is responsible for the production of class-leading output across a range of platforms, including the flagship magazine, published six times a year; annual business guides in both motorsport and sailing; several annual industry events; and sportspromedia.com and its associated digital channels.
Reporting to the SportsPro editor, the digital editor will oversee the company’s digital platforms on a daily basis, sourcing and writing stories - both smaller news pieces, and longer features - and directing the workflow of junior staff; leading the production of daily e-newsletters using online e-marketing tools; liaising with the web developer, commercial team, and SportsPro media partners; contributing pieces to the magazine and other print publications; and supporting the editorial team across a range of other projects, including events.
He or she will also be responsible for managing and developing SportsPro’s digital presence; evolving social media output and strategy; working with the senior editorial team on planning and on the creation of innovative concepts, including video and audio projects; and liaising with the commercial department and third parties on key projects and marketing campaigns.
- The ability to write and edit crisp and accurate copy to deadline
- The ability to juggle multiple projects to multiple deadlines
- A strong understanding of sport and the industry behind it
- A working knowledge of content management systems is essential and knowledge of digital mail-out platforms is preferable
- An excellent understanding of social media channels and their varied audiences and uses
- An understanding of how online audiences grow and a capacity to deliver against objectives
- Familiarity with audio and video editing platforms is preferable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a willingness to take responsibility within groups; some experience of managing others is advantageous
- Enthusiasm, industry, curiosity and self-motivation.
This is an opportunity to gain an outstanding range of experience at a young, dynamic and growing editorial business that would suit a recent graduate or someone looking to continue their development in journalism and/or digital content production.
The role will be based in London, working standard Monday to Friday office hours, with some opportunity and expectation to travel nationally and internationally outside those hours.
About Henley Media Group
Sportspro is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter and a short example of a piece of written work firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.