We are currently recruiting for an Associate Editor for our London offices to join Climate Action’s highly skilled team who bring together a network of governments, businesses and NGOs for high level forums, webinars and digital platforms.
Over the last 13 years, Climate Action has established itself as the recognised market leader in delivering high level events and digital initiatives addressing climate change to accelerate the low carbon economy.
www.climateactionprogramme.org is a freely accessible resource and community of climate change related news content, interviews, articles and white papers on low carbon policy, sustainability, urban mobility, technology, climate finance, energy, circular economy and sport.
Three email newsletters per week are received by an average of 23,600 (GDPR compliant) subscribers, with monthly webinars attracting between 500 and 1,000 subscribers.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, passionate and highly motivated Digital Editor to define and own the editorial strategy, vision and implement the plan to enhance the content offering and significantly grow the digital audience.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage in person with global climate leaders both in person at our events and by attending key sector events. The candidate will be expected to be “digitally native” with experience of content marketing and techniques for driving website traffic via social media channels and content syndication. The candidate will also be required to write content for digital email newsletters and write analytical reports on relevant topics.
This role presents a rare opportunity for someone with a keen interest in Climate Change and / or sustainability to contribute significantly in helping address and overcome climate change.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Research and write daily news content for the Climate Action website
- Write regular feature articles on appropriate topics and policies
- Write content for 3 x weekly email newsletters
- Conduct video interviews with sponsors and climate leaders in our office video studio
- Assist with writing and distributing press releases and newsletters for the website
- Devise and create new forms of editorial content for the website relevant for the audience
- Develop and implement content marketing strategies to increase traffic on website
- Attend events and conduct interviews with key climate change figures and sponsors
The successful applicant will have:
- A 2:1 Degree or equivalent qualification / experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience gained in a business to business editorial environment
- Office experience and sound knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Positive work ethic, can-do attitude, and plenty of initiative and willingness to learn
- Excellent telephone etiquette and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team but also initiative to work on your own
- Highly organised and professional attitude
- Content production experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- An interest in climate change and / or sustainability and a desire to create impact and change
Remuneration Package :
- Competitive annual salary
- Quarterly bonus linked to achieving KPI’s
- Annual bonus linked to profit / revenues of the website
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- A rewarding opportunity to contribute to a crucial sector
- 20 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
- Employers workplace pensions scheme
About Henley Media Group
Climate Action is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.