Delegate Sales Executive £Competitive + Commission
We are currently recruiting for a Delegate Sales Executive for our London offices. Port Technology International (PTI), part of Henley Media Group's international brand Maritime Information Services, encompasses the quarterly printed journal, eBooks, conference and an online information service for senior port and terminal decision making executives around the world.
We are looking for a sales individual to drive delegate sales for our successful business to business events. We work in collaboration with our customers to help their businesses thrive and create the leading conferences within the maritime sector.
Each edition of the journal features over 30 technical papers written by leading industry professionals, which reflect emerging trends and technical advances that enhance efficiency and increase productivity in ports and terminals. The journal is divided into distinctive sections, reflecting every aspect of operation in the port or terminal.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Selling delegate places on a portfolio of events
- Achieving and exceeding monthly sales targets
- Achieving and exceeding daily KPI's
- Generating new business as well as maintaining existing accounts
- Managing a sales pipeline document for reporting purposes
- Forecasting business accurately on a weekly and monthly basis
- Gathering product and company feedback from clients and prospects
- Assisting with delegate enquiries and up sell of other conferences where appropriate
- Assisting with invoicing
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum of 1 years sales experience, preferably in delegate sales or similar professional services
- Ability to demonstrate a strong track record of achieving results
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to run the entire sales process from initial lead generation to closing business
- Ability to listen and understand the customer’s objectives
- Excellent relationship builder and negotiator
- Articulate, intelligent and well presented with strong telephone and face to face communications skills
- Ability to build and manage sales pipeline
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Hard working with a high pace of work
- Ambitious and financially driven
- Experience with CRM
- Knowledge of SPIN or other relevant sales theory
- Language skills
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Uncapped commission structure and achievable event bonuses
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- We will provide support, training, coaching to allow you to develop your skills and become a fantastic sales professional.
- The opportunity to work within a high quality team and within a company where trust & integrity are our leading values
- There are fantastic career opportunities within the wider business for stellar performers as we continue to grow world-wide.
About Henley Media Group
Port Technology is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.