Business Development Manager £Competitive + Commission
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager for our London offices. Published four times a year, Port Technology Journal is the only technical preview and review of advanced technologies for ports, harbours and terminals world-wide. This is complimented with the world No 1 website for news, technical content and sourcing suppliers.
Each edition features over 30 technical papers written by leading industry professionals, which reflect emerging trends and technical advances that enhance efficiency and increase productivity in ports and terminals. The journal is divided into distinctive sections, reflecting every aspect of operation in the port or terminal.
Port Technology continues to bring to its readership cutting-edge philosophies and technologies including business intelligence, short-sea shipping, integrated transport decision-making and intermodal. Port Directors and Terminal Operators as well as Ship Owners and Operators use Port Technology International to obtain new contacts, assess and evaluate new products and plan for the future. The journal is an invaluable source of reference for their purchasing and specifying decisions.
Assisting with the Porttechnology.org website, this is the World’s Leading Technology website for Ports & Terminals. The entire industry is dependent on “Speed” which only comes from technology. Port Technology International has been the leading industry print Journal for 20 years.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Attracting international clients for print advertising for the quarterly editions
- Selling sponsorship agreements and working with them on individual event strategies
- Building strong relationships with key decision makers at private sector companies and become their trusted adviser
- Managing your client accounts and help ensure fulfilment of agreed deliverables before, at and after the event or print edition
- Research and lead generation using social media and competitor information
- Meeting agreed KPI and revenue targets to contribute to the team’s growth
- Competitor mapping and understanding the unique positioning and selling points of Port Technology
- Identifying and researching new growth areas
- Working closely with marketing, production and admin/operations
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification / experience
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience gained in a business to business sales environment (maritime, transport or technology background highly desirable)
- Entrepreneurial can-do attitude and ability to thrive working in a target orientated environment
- Competency to research and source own leads and build profitable business relationships
- Excellent telephone etiquette and skill to lead detailed conversations with senior officials
- Proven ability to work well in a team but also initiative to work on your own
- Good sense for identifying business opportunities, new revenue streams and possibilities to sell across a whole portfolio
- Availability for occasional international travel and confidence in face-to-face networking
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary
- Uncapped commission structure and achievable bonuses
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- Competitive and diverse sales culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
About Henley Media Group
Port Technology is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.