Business Development Executive – £Competitive + Commission
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Executive, responsible for securing senior level executives to attend our portfolio of events across the year.
SportsPro Media, founded in 2008, providing high-level content on the commercial, political and organisational aspects of global professional sport, across a variety of media platforms. Its acclaimed magazine, available in print and digital, offers expert commentary and opinion, and is established as the industry leader for high-level profiles, features and in-depth interviews.
SportsPro’s website, www.sportspromedia.com is an unrivalled source of up-to-the-minute news, deals and insight, whilst its news app and daily deal service have become key media platforms our global audience base.
In 2014, SportsPro successfully launched its events business, now hosting over 2,000 senior level delegates annually across the portfolio, including its flagship conference, SportsPro Live. It’s events range in size from 20 to 700 attendees, and provide a platform of knowledge sharing and networking for industry leaders. Topics include sponsorship and marketing, technology and data, finance and governance, broadcasting and digital, and much more.
The role will be to attract and secure top level executives to attend our upcoming events. In addition, the business development executive will be tasked with attracting and managing the tier 1 influencers and industry VIP’s who will be attending the event, and approaching organisations to sell and secure large scale delegations (as well as individuals) to take advantage of the diverse range of content and senior level decision-makers in attendance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Selling and securing delegate places on a portfolio of events
- Achieving and exceeding monthly sales targets
- Achieving and exceeding daily KPI's
- Achieving project KPI’s
- Managing a sales pipeline document for reporting purposes
- Forecasting business accurately on a weekly and monthly basis
- Gathering product and company feedback from clients and prospects
- Assisting with delegate enquiries and up sell of other offerings where appropriate
- Assisting with invoicing and processing
- Researching and mapping key targets to approach
The successful applicant will have/be:
- Minimum of 1 years b2b sales experience
- Ability to demonstrate a strong track record of achieving results
- Ability to run the entire sales process from initial lead generation to closing business
- Ability to listen and understand the customer’s objectives
- Excellent relationship builder and negotiator
- Experience in dealing with, and selling to c-level executives
- Articulate, intelligent and well presented with strong telephone and face to face communications skills
- Ability to build and manage sales pipeline
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Hard working with a high pace of work
- Ambitious and driven
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Uncapped commission structure and achievable event bonuses
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- travel to attend selected events
- Competitive and diverse sales culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
- A rewarding opportunity to contribute and connect to an exciting industry
- The opportunity to work in a company that is a genuine leader within the sports industry
- We will provide support, training, coaching to allow you to develop your skills and become a fantastic sales professional.
- The opportunity to work within a high quality team and within a company where trust, integrity and teamwork are key values
- There are fantastic career opportunities within the wider business for stellar performers as we continue to grow world-wide.
- A career path to a long term sales account management or sales management career and six figure earning potential
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.