Business Development Executive £Competitive + Commission
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Executive for our London offices. SportsPro is a global leader in events and media publishing, connecting the international sports industry’s leading executives.
SportsPro Media, founded in 2008, providing high-level content on the commercial, political and organisational aspects of global professional sport, across a variety of media platforms. Its acclaimed magazine, available in print and digital, offers expert commentary and opinion, and is established as the industry leader for high-level profiles, features and in-depth interviews.
SportsPro’s website, www.sportspromedia.com is an unrivalled source of up-to-the-minute news, deals and insight, whilst its news app and daily deal service have become key media platforms our global audience base.
In 2014, SportsPro successfully launched its events business, now hosting over 1,000 senior level delegates annually across the portfolio, including its flagship conference, SportsPro Live. It’s events range in size from 20 to 600 attendees, and provide a platform of knowledge sharing and networking for industry leaders. Topics include sponsorship and marketing, finance and governance, broadcasting and digital, and much more.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maximising revenue through selling advertising, sponsorship and commercial partnerships using effective sales techniques (both telephone and face-to-face) capitalising on our industry leading audience and position in the market
- Researching and canvassing for leads using online search facilities, social media and competitor information
- Exceeding agreed KPI and revenue targets to contribute to the teams growth
- Developing relationships with key decision makers
- Competitor mapping and understanding our unique selling points
- Negotiating with clients and agencies
- Attending industry events when necessary
- Identifying and researching new growth areas
- Ensuring all sales administration is completed and databases updated
The successful applicant will have:
- A solid educational background with a degree or equivalent in sports or sport business management preferred
- Excellent communications skills
- Track Record of significant new business wins within B2B Sales
- Knowledge of the workings of the sports industry (desirable)
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to thrive working in a target orientated environment
- Excellent presentation and proposal writing skills
- Ability to research and source own leads and build profitable working relationships
- Excellent telephone etiquette and able to communicate with senior officials
- A team player but able to work on own initiative
- Working knowledge of computer packages and databases and strong knowledge of using the internet for research purpose
- Ability to identify business opportunities and able to cross sell
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Uncapped commission structure and achievable event bonuses
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- Travel to attend the events
- Competitive and diverse culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
- A rewarding opportunity to work within the sports sector
About Henley Media Group
Sportspro is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.