Audience Development Manager – Delegate Sales £Competitive + Commission
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Executive, responsible for the development of SportsPro’s media and events audience. SportsPro’s focus is to reach, educate and connect the top echelon of the global sports industry via it’s Print, Digital and events platforms.
SportsPro Media, founded in 2008, providing high-level content on the commercial, political and organisational aspects of global professional sport, across a variety of media platforms. Its acclaimed magazine, available in print and digital, offers expert commentary and opinion, and is established as the industry leader for high-level profiles, features and in-depth interviews.
SportsPro’s website, is an unrivalled source of up-to-the-minute news, deals and insight, whilst its news app and daily deal service have become key media platforms our global audience base.
In 2014, SportsPro successfully launched its events business, now hosting over 1,000 senior level delegates annually across the portfolio, including its flagship conference, SportsPro Live. It’s events range in size from 20 to 600 attendees, and provide a platform of knowledge sharing and networking for industry leaders. Topics include sponsorship and marketing, finance and governance, broadcasting and digital, and much more.
Initially, the role will be to attract and secure top level executives to attend our upcoming event – SportsPro Live in March 2017. In addition, the business development executive will be tasked with attracting and managing the tier 1 influencers and industry VIP’s who will be attending the event, and approaching organisations to sell and secure large scale delegations (as well as individuals) to take advantage of the diverse range of content and senior level decision-makers in attendance. The role will expand across multi-platform, following the launch of a new digital offering scheduled for early 2017. The role will then expand to develop industry buy-in from all relevant companies across the global sports industry.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Selling and securing delegate places on a portfolio of events
- Achieving and exceeding monthly sales targets
- Achieving and exceeding daily KPI's
- Achieving project KPI’s
- Managing a sales pipeline document for reporting purposes
- Forecasting business accurately on a weekly and monthly basis
- Gathering product and company feedback from clients and prospects
- Assisting with delegate enquiries and up sell of other offerings where appropriate
- Assisting with invoicing and processing
- Researching and mapping key targets to approach
The successful applicant will have/be:
- Minimum of 1 years b2b sales experience
- Ability to demonstrate a strong track record of achieving results
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to run the entire sales process from initial lead generation to closing business
- Ability to listen and understand the customer’s objectives
- Excellent relationship builder and negotiator
- Experience in dealing with, and selling to c-level executives
- Articulate, intelligent and well presented with strong telephone and face to face communications skills
- Ability to build and manage sales pipeline
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Hard working with a high pace of work
- Ambitious and financially driven
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Uncapped commission structure and achievable event bonuses
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- travel to attend selected events
- Competitive and diverse sales culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
- A rewarding opportunity to contribute and connect to an exciting industry
About Henley Media Group
SportsPro is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.